Table of Contents
|Net Worth||$5 million (Est.)|
|Birth Date||July 30, 1956|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Source of Wealth||Horse Trainer|
While horse racing is one of the most dangerous sports, its paycheck is equally handsome. From jockeys to horse trainers, everyone pockets a considerable sum. Such might be the case of John Sadler.
The thoroughbred horse trainer John Sadler’s net worth has intrigued many. So, without further ado, let’s delve into the earnings of the horse trainer.
Started Out As a Show Jumper Rider
- John was born July 30, 1956, in Long Beach, California, and grew up in Pasadena. He was drawn to horses at a very young age.
- John Sadler was vacationing one summer in Palos Verdes with his family, where his equine passion bloomed. There, some people had horses in their backyards.
- When Sadler revealed to his mom about his wish to ride the horses in the backyard, she asked her to take some lessons in Palos Verdes so that he does not fall on his head and crack his skull.
- As a result, John took some lessons when he was 5 and 6 in Palos Verdes. Upon returning to Pasadena, he wanted to continue his lessons.
- So, the horse trainer went to Flintridge Riding Club in La Canada to take lessons there, and it was his introduction to horses. While riding with a popular horseman, Jimmy A. Williams, John excelled at riding show horses.
- During high school, John even competed for a position on the United States Equestrian Team during their West Coast screening trials that were held at Foxfield Riding School at Lake Sherwood.
- When he was a show jumper rider, John Sadler’s parents got involved in Thoroughbred racing and owned one-thirtieth ($1,000 stake) of a racehorse called Impossible Stables Incorporated.
- John even worked as a hot walker and groom at Del Mar. This convinced him of what path he should take.
- Sadler, who attended the University of Oregon, dropped out a year after studying liberal arts in order to become a racehorse trainer. And till now, his decision has been proven right.
ALSO READ: Know About Hannah Alstrom, Gustaf Skarsgård’s Ex-Wife
John Sadler’s Net Worth Received a Major Boost During His Training Career
After dropping out of college, Sadler began working as an assistant to Dr. Jack Robbins during the 1970s. Along with Jack, he also worked with David Hofmans as his assistant trainer for a year or more.
In 1978, John took out his training license. Then, in 1979, he got his first job training on his own.
It was to oversee the late Eddie Gregson‘s Northern California string. There, Sadler trained for a year or a year and a half.
During his first year as a licensed trainer, the Long Beach native ran a few starters of his own as well as Gregson’s horses. That year, he had earnings of $2,700, showing four starters with one running third.
Well, that was just the beginning, as John Sadler’s earnings have increased over the years. So, take a look at the table showing his earnings over the years.
Table Source: Equibase
As suggested by the table, as of April 2023, John Sadler’s earnings throughout his career is $145,913,160, where he has shown 16,544 starters with 2,735 running first.
Thus, John Sadler’s fortune must have been a commendable sum, given that he has pocketed a handsome sum over the years.
While we are on the topic of earnings and fortune, you might wanna check out Dame Marjorie Scardino, the American-born British business executive’s net worth.
Lifestyle and Assets
Although the exact amount has not been revealed, we can have a vague understanding of John Sadler’s net worth. With a notable fortune to his name, he must be enjoying a comfortable lifestyle.
The information about the horse trainer’s house, assets, and other items that he has added from his earnings remains a mystery, like John Sadler’s wealth. Nonetheless, he must be leading a content life with his family.
We hope John continues succeeding in the horse racing business and establishes himself as one of the pioneers. Our best wishes are with the trainer and his family.
Trivia and Facts
- John has clenched numerous training titles at Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, and Del Mar.
- Some of the significant horses he trained are Accelerate, Rock Your World, Sidney’s Candy, Black Mamba, etc.
- Sadler has kept most of the information about his love life a secret.