Norma Hunt was a minority owner of the National Football League‘s Kansas City Chiefs from 2006 to 2023. Often called the ‘First Lady of Football,‘ she was also Lamar Hunt‘s beloved wife.
As the Super Bowl weekend begins, join us as we remember Kansas City Chiefs Norma Hunt. Further, we will look at her legacy ahead of the NFL tournament.
Early Life And Education – Beginnings of the Late Football Executive
- Hunt was born in Greenville, Texas, United States of America, on March 28, 1938. Her birth name was Norma Lynn Knobel.
- She attended the Richardson High School in the Dallas suburb of Richardson, Texas, and graduated in 1956. Similarly, she was part of the school’s basketball and drill teams.
- Furthermore, the late American national attended the University of North Texas and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 1960. She also sat as the president of the Chi Omega Sorotiy as a North Texas student.
- Norma was an excellent student, as evidenced by her Rotary Club fellowship, which allowed her to spend some time studying in Dubin, Ireland, in 1962.
- After completing her studies, the late American football executive returned to her high school, Richardson High, to work as an American history teacher.
Who Was Kansas City Chiefs Norma Hunt’s Husband?
The late American football executive married Lamar Hunt from 1964 until he died in 2006. According to multiple sources, the couple met for the first time when Norma worked as a school teacher and hostess for the Dallas Texans.
Talking about Norma Hunt’s husband’s early life and profession, he was born on August 2, 1932, in El Dorado, Arkansas, United States of America. He was the son of oil tycoon H.L. Hunt.
Furthermore, the late American national attended Southern Methodist University and graduated with a geology degree in 1956. Like his wife, he was also a football executive.
Lamar looked after some prestigious teams, such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Tornado, Columbus Crew, Kansas City Wizards, and FC Dallas.
Mr. Hunt sadly passed away on December 13, 2006, in a hospital in Dallas called Presbyterian Hospital because of prostate cancer. He had been hospitalized for weeks before taking his final breath.
How Many Children Did the Couple Have?
The executive couple enjoyed their marital bliss with their lovely children. The couple’s firstborn was born in Dallas, Texas, on February 19, 1965. His name is Clark Hunt.
Similarly, Kansas City Chiefs Norma Hunt became a mother for the second time on November 21, 1976, when the Hunts welcomed their second son, Daniel Hunt.
Clart is the chairman and chief executive officer of the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. Further, he is also an investor and owner of Major League Soccer.
Hunt is wed to Tavia Shackles, a previous Miss Kansas USA and Miss Missouri Teen USA. The pair is parents to three kids.
Simialrly, Norma’s second child serves as the president of MLS club FC Dallas. Furthermore, Dan was also involved in Dallas’ successful bid for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
On another note, you might like to read about Deadpool & Wolverine Teaser Review.
Norma Was One of the ‘Never Miss a Super Bowl Club’ Members
The American executive was one of four members and the only lady of the Never Miss a Super Bowl Club before she passed away in June 2023.
Mrs. Hunt saw the first 57 Super Bowl games from Super Bowl I to Super Bowl LVII. After her husband Lamar Hunt passed away in 2006, she continued the Super Bowl tradition with her boys. Together, they had attended the first 40 games.
The 2023 Chiefs honored Hunt by using football-shaped “NKH” patches on their shirts throughout the regular and postseason seasons. During Super Bowl LVIII, the team will again sport these patches.For More Updates on Articles, Celebrity Babies, Celebrity Feuds, Celebrity Siblings, Entertainment, Richest Celebrities, Keep In Touch With eCelebritymirror.