Table of Contents
Erin Cressida Wilson wears different hats. She is a playwright, screenwriter, author, and professor. Her career in showbiz spans from the early 2000s, and she is still actively involved.
So, how much has the multi-talented personality earned to her name? Here let’s dive in to know in detail about Erin Cressida Wilson’s net worth and other earning details.
Was a Professor Before Starting Out in the Showbiz
- Born in San Fransisco, California, on February 12, 1964, Erin went to Smith College. There, she studied under Anne Hesseltine Hoyt Theatre Professor Len Berkman, and graduated in 1985.
- Prior to making her start in the entertainment industry, Wilson was a professor, a profession she started in 1993 at New York University.
- After that, she worked a stint as a lecturer at Columbia, and, in 1995, she started teaching playwriting and screenwriting at the faculty of Duke University.
- She worked as a Professor of Playwriting in the Department of Theater and Dance at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- At UC Santa Barbara, she is also affiliated with the Department of Film and Media Studies.
- Erin’s resume also shows her working as a professor at Stanford University and Brown University.
- Wilson was also a monthly sex columnist for Razor Magazine.
Erin Cressida Wilson’s Net Worth is Growing
The San Fransisco native began teaching screenwriting even before she wrote her first script. Her professorships at notable colleges made her the screenwriter she is today.
Although the California native began it late, she got her start as a screenwriter after watching The Godfather in second grade. She had already made up her career plans, and that was to make films.
To do so, Erin used to follow her dad to his desk down the stairs every morning at 5:30 AM, where he used to write before going to work. She considers those times to be morning hours of creativity and secrets.
Erin’s debut screenplay adaptation won her the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay. That was just a starting line, and following that, she went on to write critically acclaimed screenplays that paid her well.
Here are some of the projects that Erin worked on, along with their box office collections.
|The Girl on the Train||$75.2M|
|Men, Women & Children||$668.0K|
|Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus||$220.9K|
Table Source: Rotten Tomatoes
As per her IMDb, Erin did not work on any projects since 2016. Her latest project is Snow White, which is in post-production and is likely to release in 2024.
Nevertheless, Erin might have amassed considerably from the projects that she has worked on. Thus, it won’t come as a surprise if Erin Cressida Wilson’s fortune is a notable amount.
As her new project is coming soon in the near future, there’s no doubt that Erin Cressida’s net worth will grow considerably. We wish her all the very best.
ALSO READ: Take a Look at Arike Ogunbowale’s Net Worth
Lifestyle and Assets
Given that Erin Cressida Wilson’s wealth is a notable sum, it is obvious that she is enjoying a comfortable lifestyle. She enjoys quality time with her family members.
Talking about Wilson’s family, she is happily married to J.C. Makenzie. Erin Cressida Wilson’s husband is a well-known Canadian actor who is known for her role as Skip Fontaine on Vinyl.
Furthermore, the duo shares a son, Liam Mackenzie, who has ventured into the modeling business. The family of three split time between Los Angeles and New York.
Unfortunately, the details of Erin’s house and cars remain a mystery. But, given that she has amassed substantial wealth, she might have added some to her name.
As mentioned earlier, Erin Cressida Wilson’s fortune may grow in the future. We cannot wait to see her work in the coming days.
Trivia and Facts
- It took her 30 years to break through in Hollywood, and that occurred due to The Girl on the Train.
- Erin Cressida Wilson’s parents are English professors.
- She is a Professor of Creative Writing at Brown University.
- Wilson was one of 115 invitees who joined AMPAS in 2007.